This Blog has become a forum for a number of serious Pagan women to post and create. Our object is to provide a voice.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Praise the Lord ... When it is Convenient



The Religious Right's Pro-life-Brigade is on the streets teaching us all moral principles. Of course, the serial adulterer, sexual assaulter,  lair, bigot, white supremacists supporter they helped put in the White House doesn't bother them at all. It's about moral authority - forfeited in 2016. Piety begins at home.
I have no objection to people who hold Pro-life views conscientiously. One of my dearest and most beloved friends is Pro-life. What I object to is hypocrisy. What I object to is the idea that the theory of life that is held by one faith is incumbent upon those who don't follow that faith. To wit: as a Pagan woman, I do not believe that life begins at conception.  According to my religious world view the soul or spirit chooses its incarnation before birth, selecting and entering the vehicle of that incarnation at the time of birth. However, my religious views do not hold parity with the views of the people on the streets. Pagans are not to enjoy the same religious liberty as the "Christians" roaming the byways of our nation's capitol today.
I make no apology for the anger I feel this morning. It was just a few centuries ago that the ancestors of these Pro-lifers ran my grandmothers to ground; drowning, hanging and putting them to the stake. For faith, maybe; for power more like. The power to control other people's lives and destiny - not to mention property and wealth. The same drive for power sent these mighty-righteous hypocrites to the polls to vote for one of the most profane men to ever sit in the Oval Office.
Pardon my cynicism, but perhaps this joint circle jerk between the paunchy and the pious is really nothing more then a mutual power grab. After all, one can't help but wonder how many abortions "their" president paid for in his womanizing days when he was hiding between the sheets of super models from the War in Viet Nam? When exactly did this greedy, avaricious, son of Mammon find God?
To all those Lifers roaming the streets of D.C. today I say, get you ass home and see to your own moral values. You are not invited to shove your God down my throat while wallowing in the Devil's bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment